Sunday, February 28, 2010

Cheesy Chicken Chowder

Last night I tried to make a soup for the firs time.  I had wanted to make it earlier this week but caught a stomach virus.  ugh!  So I finally felt up to trying it last night.  To go with the chowder I made some garlic cheese biscuits.  I got the recipe for Cheesy Chicken Chowder from the Campbell's soup website.  And according to the print out I pull this in 2006.  About time to try it I would say.


Cheesey Chicken Chowder


2 cans (10 3/4 oz) Campbell's condensed cheddar cheese soup
2 soup cans milk
1 1/2 c. Pace Picante sauce
1 medium green or red pepper, finely chopped
4 green onions, sliced
3 c. cubed chicken
sour cream


Mix soup, milk, picante sauce, pepper, and onions in saucepan.  Heat to a boil.  Cook over low heat 5 minutes.  Add chicken and heat through.  Garnish with sour cream.



Next time I think I am going to switch out one of the cheddar cheese soups for the montery jack soup.    It was a really quick dish to make and will be great to do on a week night after getting home from work

3 comments :

  1. Yum! That sounds soooo yummy! Esp. cheese biscuits!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was and I am looking forward to leftovers for lunch tomorrow.
    Have a great week everyone

    ReplyDelete