Sunday, January 10, 2010

Workout update week 1

It is hard to beleive the first full week of 2010 is over with.  It was a crazy week.  We have had some freezing temps in Memphis and even saw a bit of snow on Thursday.  And had snow flurries on Friday.  Thankfully it is going to start warming up tomorrow and by the end of the week it will be in the 50s.  Several friends have been posting that thier pipes are frozen even the drain pipes from the washer.  I have to admit this has me scared to wash tonight but I talked to my father and he said I should be fine since I haven't washed since last Friday and no water should have been left in there.  And it helps my laundry room backs up to my closet.  Let's hope so because I only have one set of workout clothes left clean.
Okay sorry to get off topic there.  Workouts.  I have to admit the last three days I didn't do a single workout.  I know terrible.  I did get the house clean after coming home from getting my hair done yesterday.  So at least I wasn't a complete bum.  I have now done Jillian's 30 day shred 5 times.  And yes she is kicking my butt.  Monday I could hardly walk to I didn't do it.  But went back for more torture on Tuesday and Wednesday.  I also hit the gym for five days in a row to get in an additional 30 minutes on the treadmill.  Between the two I hope to start seeing results.   I am still struggling to make it completely through Jillian's workout.  During the strength circuits she splits them between one upper body move and one combined move.  I have trouble doing all the reps when working the shoulders.  But at least I don't stop the whole move and continue with the squats or lunges.  And for cardio the pretending to jump rope gets me along with the kicking the butt.  But for both of those I am able to do more than the first night. 
The goal for this week is to work in some yoga and pilates.  And not to skip a day of Jillian.  I have two things to look good for in March now.  I want to wear something cute and hot to see Eric Clapton and this week we planned a girls weekend to Natchez.
And except for Thursday night and yesterday the eating has been going well.  And no eating out this week. 

No comments :

Post a Comment