Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Home Office

One goal I have this year is to finish decorating a room.  I am not good at all of that.  I don't know if money will allow me to finish this year.  I do have a start on it.   The room I want to finish up is my home office. 
I painted it two years ago.  I have a few spots to touch up where the walls and ceiling meet.  I see them but if you are not really looking you probably wouldn't notice.  I can always touch those up before I put the house on the market.  The color you ask.  Benjamin Moore Sour Apple.   I saw it in a layout in Better Homes & Garden that spring and fell in love with it. 

So this is what the office looks like now.  One big thing I need is more storage.


Need a new bookshelf.  It is crammed full.



The spot I really want storge for. 



And I might want to get the printer off the floor.



I got the chair and pillow last year to replace the one I had. 

Not a huge room.  And it needs some major storage.  I found the baskets at Wal-mart for $14/set (one for dvds & one for cds).  I have two and that is not enough and they are just sitting everywhere and this is driving me crazy.  I have been looking around for about a year for a piece that will work well for storage and as a spot for my stereo & tv.  I have found one that I keep going back too.



It is also from Wal-Mart.  I keep looking at it.  Might as well admit it to myself that it is really what I want.  It is from the Canopy Living collection.  And is listed as a media stand or buffet.  Great spot for lots of storage for cds, dvds, and office supplies.  I know I need something that can do it all because there aren't many desks out there made with storage now.  Don't get me wrong I love the one I have it is an antique.  My father found it at a thrift store not long after the parents got married and mother started talking about going to grad school.  He refinished it and did his best at fixing the drawers that bottoms were falling out.  After over 30 years it is beginning to fall apart, though I am sure someone with more woodworking skills then we have could fix the drawers and back and it would be great.
As for a bookshelf.  I don't know if I want a traditional style or a open one.  But that might be one of the last items that I buy.  First I have to get up the nerve to ask someone to not only help me get the media storage home and put together.  I am not good about asking for help.  Oh and to have somewhere to put the cedar chest.  I want it in my guest room but there is not a lot of room with my brother's tv and stand still in there.  Maybe I can get the parents up here to help and then they can take that back but I will not hold my breathe on that one.

Oh I almost forgot a shot of the curtains.  D hung these when he came to stay in November.



I also bought this about  a year ago.  I am thinking of hanging it centered over my desk.  Or maybe even over the door.




Any suggestions are always welcome as I am not good with this decorating thing.  That gene seems to have totally skipped me. 

11 comments :

  1. Guess what?? I got that WalMart buffet table a few months ago!! I LOVE IT! Get it :) It's very sturdy and expensive looking. No one will ever know it came from Wally World. I'll send you a pic of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear someone say they love it. And it looks great in your house. Now to get someone to help me get home and together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the TV stand version of that buffet from Wal Mart. I LOVE it. It's super sturdy, and no one believes me that it's from WalMart. Totally worth the money.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The buffet from wal-mart looks like a vintage furniture, that was really tricky=)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It'll be such a smashing looking space! love it!! I'm visiting from Kelly's Korner and I'm so excited to be your newest follower of your delightful blog! I would love to have you as a friend at Frou Frou Decor! Have a terrific day!!
    Hugs,
    ~Terrell @ Frou Frou Decor~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for linking up with US today!

    I really like that picture! What a great saying!

    Have a great Tuesday!

    Shannon

    Webbisodes
    http://ourgatorzone.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh grrrr....
    OK, anywho- I think you should get that table, I like that a lot!!
    Cant wait to see what you do to that room.

    Thanks for linking up with Shannon & I today.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree, I like the storage piece too. And I love that picture :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like the wal mart piece and looks like it would have some storage. Don't feel bad, my printer is on the floor also, it is just hid by the desk lol.

    ReplyDelete