Sunday, January 24, 2010

Dinner Tonight

I quit being lazy tonight and cooked dinner.  I tried three new things tonight.  So does that makeup for the last two weeks?
A couple weeks ago I picked up on clearence Mexican Chili & Lime marinade.  I used that on some chicken tenders tongiht.  They turned out yummy!  I also made some corn thinking I would need something to cut down on the spicy of the chicken and the Easy Skillet Pimiento Mac N' Cheese.  I freely admit to never making mac n' cheese except from the wonderful blue box from Kraft.  I got the recipe from good ole Southern Living (this is becoming a pattern).  :)


1/2 (16 oz) package penne pasta
2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
1 1/2 c. milk
1 c. shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1 (4 oz) jar diced pimiento, drained
3/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
pinch of paprika


1. Prepare pasta according to pacakge directions.
2. Whisk together flour and 1/4 cup milk.  Add flour mixture to remaining milk, whisking until smooth.
3. bring milk mixture to a boil in a large skillet over medium high heat; reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer, whisking constantly, 3 to 5 minutes or until smooth.  Stir in cheese and next 4 ingredients until smooth.  stir in past, and cook 1 minute or until thoroughly heated.  serve immediately.

There are several variations listed too.  And at some point I am going to try those too.   I will admith I was not paying attention and used the whole box of pasta.  Oops!  So next time I pay attention and it is really cheesy, don't worry it was still very yummy!!!  I used whole wheat penne and instead of the cheddar cheese i used Kraft Mexican Style Cheddar Jack. 





So the third thing I tried tonight was Turtle pudding.   Last spring I found a box of Jello Turtle Pudding mix on clearance.  It sounded yummy so I picked it up and finally got around to trying it tonight.  If you go looking for the pudding mix it did state it was a holiday special addition. And I did see it out again this year.



All and all a great meal tonight.   And I am looking forward to eating the leftovers this week. 




No comments :

Post a Comment