Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Zoo Lights

I have been meaning to get to a post about Zoo lights since I got home Friday night.  But I have been a bum since then.  And boy did I need it they way the two days have gone so far this week.  Thankfully we get off early tomorrow. 
I am not sure how many years that the Memphis Zoo has been putting on Zoo Lights.  I have been wanting to go for a few years but never said anything to anyone.  I am so glad I spoke up this year.  S was wanting to go and take H (youngest nephew) for the his first trip.  I get an email Friday afternoon stating we are going to Zoo Lights tonight and she was not taking No for answer.  I am glad she didn't.    I asked my boss to let me off 30 minutes early so I can run home and let Belle out, put on warmer clothes and get to the bank for cash before having to be at S's parents at 5:30.   Another set of friends went with us too.    I will also admit this was my first time ever going to the Memphis Zoo and need to go back now in the day light. 
The Zoo puts up different Christmas decorations throughout the whole place.  And Santa was there at the lodge at the Teton Trek area.  A great place to get warm while waiting on our other friends children get their picture with Santa. 
I have to say the worst part about the whole night was the snakes.  I am very scared of them.  And in a room when you came into the zoo they some animals to meet and of course one was a snake. 
It was a great night with friends.  And a workout too.  Since we took the wagon for H we walked the whole time.  Yeah not fast but it was better than riding the tram.  And we could stop and really look at the displays we liked. 
I only thought to take one picture of the light displays though.  It didn't turn out great. 



Next year I need to remember to take better pictures. 

Well off to finish packing and wrapping my mother's present I was sent out for today.  The parents will be here when I get off to take me back to Bama for Christmas. 

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

2 comments :

  1. So pretty! I love the lights at the Zoo. Merry Christmas to you and your family! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carolina Girl I hope you had a good Christmas. Mine was good and so was the birthday

    ReplyDelete