Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Gift bags

I started a monster seven years ago.  My first year in the real world and Christmas rolled around.  I wanted to do something for my teammates at work and a couple other people I was friends with.   Hello it was my first year and money was still tight at the time.  So I decided to give making fudge a try.  Along with the fudge I bought some other Christmas candy to throw into the cute little gift bags I found at Wal-Mart.   I have to admit I was surprised about how well it went over.  I did it the second  year too.  And every year since then I have been asked by several people if I am doing it again this year.  They are not worried about getting the rest of the candy they just want the fudge.  Which might be cheaper on me to just fill the bags with fudge, but I don't have the patience or the time to make so much.  Tonight I have just finished making the goodie bags.
I forgot to take pics of the fudge. 
I gathered everything needed on the kitchen table.



I found these cute items at Wal-Mart.  Sometimes wondering Wal-Mart or Target can be a good thing.



The candy



Cute bags




The completed bags.

Now to hand them all out tomorrow.  And enjoy celebrating my birthday with a teammate tomorrow.  My team decided to celebrate them together due to people being off so much the next two weeks.  Hers is Friday and mine is next friday.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

2 comments :

  1. Um...why is this the first I'm hearing about this wonderful fudge? Ruth! You've been holding out on me! *g*.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And you have to love I forgot to take pictures of the fudge.
    So sorry I thought you knew I made fudge every year.

    ReplyDelete