Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Decorating

Or at least attempts at it.  I seem to have missed that gene that makes a woman good at decorating.  I am still trying to figure out what it is I like.  And once I do to bring it all together.  I have been working on my office a bit more this year.  It has been two years since I painted it.  It took me over a year to decide on the color green I wanted.  I finally found one I fell in love with in a Better Homes and Garden spread.  And I still love it though my parents think it is aweful!!!  Hey!  it is my house not theirs and I didn't spend a dime of theirs on it.
While D was here last week I had him hang a curtain rod as payment for staying.  That is a lot cheaper than a hotel. This it what my office looked like for two days before I got around to hanging the curtains.




This is what it looks like now. 




After posting this picture I realize the rod was put back a little uneven.  Oh, that is an easy fix.  Don't know if that will happen tonight as I need to finish packing to head to Bama tomorrow for Thanksgiving.

The other thing I am working on is a runner in the kitchen.  I have been wanting a rug in the kitchen for a while.  And found one I like.  But once I got it home from the store am not sure that it is long enough.  I decided on the way home tonight from work I would put it down when I leave tomorrow and see what I thought when I got back this weekend.  So what do y'all think to short or just right?




Belle is peaking around the corner to see what is going on?

Have a HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!


No comments :

Post a Comment