Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Another Tuesday

I can't believe how fast this year has flown by.  In a week Thanksgiving will be here.  And of course that brings the season of eating all the time.  Or at least it seems that way doesn't it?  Boy does that month between Thanksgiving and Christmas fly by.  I am really looking forward to it visiting Bama and the family, especially after talking to my Grandmother tonight.  She told me she made me a surprise last night.  I took a guess but she wouldn't say if I was right but I could hear her laugh a bit when telling me that.  What was my guess?  Peppermint Cheesecake.  She knows how much I love it and the years we are with her on my birthday that has turned into my birthday cake since my senior year of high school.  Did I mention my birthday is Christmas Day, perfect time of the year for peppermint flavored items.   I would love to share the recipe with you but she won't give it to me yet.  But if I remember right from the day she tested it out on us, who better to be the ginnie pigs for bridge than your family, the recipe came from Southern Living.

This week is going to be a little crazy.  I have a house guest for the week while he takes a study class for the series 7 test.  I have not had anyone stay with me that long since I  moved into my house and my Grandmother stayed for 8 days.  Wish me luck!  And getting ready to head down to Oxford again this weekend for the Ole Miss vs. LSU game.  And more friends will be in from out of town to see when I get there.  Need to find a quick portable item to take down there.  And get in workouts.  All this on top of work and a girls night.

While I am on here.  How about those Rebels?  We stomped the Volunteers this weekend.  I love it!  The weekend was great.  I got to see a good friend and do some shopping on the Oxford Square. 

3 comments :

  1. Peppermint Cheesecake!? To die for! Yum!

    Way to humiliate those Vols! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it is great. Even has an Oreo crust. One day I will finally have that recipe.
    The game was great. I wish I had a ticket now. Though this weekend will be another story with LSU in town. The Gamecocks looked good Saturday night how is the player who got hurt?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Geaux Tigers!! ;) Have fun at the game!

    ReplyDelete